Sunday, January 20, 2013

All About Me

 
 Welcome

I am future educator dedicated to providing meaningful educational experiences, which inspire a true love of learning in the lives of my students.
 
Interests, Passions, Hobbies
First and foremost, I am a mother of two beautiful, talented daughters. They have given me the strength and motivation I need to achieve my goals, and to continue to put my best foot forward. They continue to teach me meaningful life lessons, as I teach them lessons in life. I am married to an amazing, goofy, fun-loving man who always make laugh and helps to keep me grounded.
I spend the majority of my time as a taxi service driving my children to and from their activities. I rarely find time for myself these days, but when I do I enjoy relaxing with my pooch, a soft blanket, and a good book.
First Impressions
I am currently enrolled in a Tech for Ed class. The course had a last minute change of professors which had me feeling a little nervous.  However, Professor Smith proved that he is excited about the course, and dedicated to providing us with current technology that will help us deliver best practices in education.
Expectations
My most recent classroom observations have made it abundantly clear that future teachers need to know how to utilize smart board technologies, and incorporate them in ways that are engaging to students.  My biggest concern is that teachers will turn the smartborad into another method of teacher centered instruction, missing the point entirely.
Technology In The Classroom
I love the idea utilizing iPod's and iPad's in the classroom. I do not see the point in trying to enforce rules keeping these technologies out of schools.  This is the future, and it is imperative that we embrace this future by teaching students how these devices are valuable tools in education. We use technology every day, so why not in the classroom?
Technology In My Home
I currently use my laptop, my phone, and my nook to complete anything and everything school related. My girls use their iPods to make flash cards to study math facts, spelling words, and vocabulary.  We are definitely a plugged in family, using technology as an educational resource.
 
 

17 comments:

  1. I like your template. Great minds think alike ;). That's really cool that your daughters use an app to make flashcards. I'll have to use that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could find more time to read and relax. My 3 daughters keep me quite busy too. I really like the video and your ipad ideas. I have an ipad and love the integrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it is really good that you are getting your girls involved in technology early. Technology is going to be HUGE in our world. Your post was very good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abbey I agree that we are heading in a direction were technology is necessary for students. I also agree that teachers need to focus on allowing the students to interact with the technology and not just looking at it. I also love to read. That is all that I did during winter break from school. I like the colors of your blog. I think it reflects your personality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to see that you're using technology with your family that will prepare you for using it in the classroom. I like your fonts and headers it makes your blog stand out and it's simple to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you one hundred percent that we shouldn't keep technology out of the school! I love the way your girls use it to help them study! They sound like smart girls! :) I have a habit of using my Kindle Fire for everything I can! Ereaders are amazing and they have amazing capabilities! I love the way you have your blog laid out, it is such an easy read and allows for everything to be understood very clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As many before me have posted, the style of your post is different and completely appealing. I really like it, and it's so easy to read and find information from. I agree that some technology should definitely be used in the classrooms, because, like you said, technology is the future, so why ban students from using it in the classroom where they can explore and expand their knowledge of it? Great post! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you are so passionate about your family and that everyone in your family uses technology especially for leaning purposes! I also like to spend time with my dog and read whenever I get some free time. I agree with you on your opinion of smart boards. I think all teachers should use them in their classroom but also still develop that personal relationship with the students. I love the background on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your template and just the way your blog looks. I like your ideas about technology and agree that teachers might just miss the point of the Smartboard and turn it into another teacher-centered object. I also find it silly that there are rules against using technology in school. It is the way of the future whether educators like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post! Its clean, easy to follow and gets every aspect of who you are the teacher you would like to become. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I as well as the many before me enjoy the style and flow of your blog and your posts. This is very organized. I think that it is great that you and your family keep technology in your home so you will have no problem using it in your classroom one day. I like how you broke up topics so It was easy to follow. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really loved this post! The format is amazing and you really seem to let us into your life! This is probably the best "All About Me" post that I have seen so far.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed your post! Your daughters are beautiful! I agree with you also about teachers and technology. I don't think a lot of teachers use it as much as they should.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree that there shouldn’t be rules in school limiting the student's ability to use the technology that they possess right in the palm of their hands. My high school had issued a new rule in school that does allow students to better utilize their phones and iPods.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice background on yourself! I admire that you go to classes, while raising a family! You're going to be a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Raising a family while having classrooms must be tough! Good work!

    ReplyDelete